
Okay, not great…
I got this book for my tenth birthday, and I wasn’t pleased. I mean, this book could have been better in so many ways. For one, I know that the author, Barry Deneberg, is pretty good in most of the Dear America books he’s written. (For example, “Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall” was really good. So was “So Far from Home”.) But this book was not really good. Some parts were boring. Some times there was a lot of description, others there were not.
Overall, this book is not bad. Like I thought the main storyline was interesting, like how Sisi’s cousin married her. I also liked how quick the story was. But it seemed a little too quick.
I liked many things – for one, I love how determined Sisi is. She seems to have a lot of hope. But it was so short I barely really got to know her.
Good, but could have been better. 3 stars.
I’d buy this book, but would not expect the best book ever.
[Sisi is ELisabeth's nickname in the book]

No comments:
Post a Comment